SPECTACULAR AND SUMPTUOUS: BAROQUE DECORATION STYLE26 May 2020
SPECTACULAR AND SUMPTUOUS: BAROQUE DECORATION STYLE
An eminent movement in art and architecture between 16th-18th century, Baroque has also affected design and decoration. Lately, it seems to have made a comeback, especially through accessories, and changed the atmosphere for the better.
Areas decorated according to the Baroque style represent pomposity and luxury. Making use of details and sophisticated touches, this style focuses on creating sumptuous interiors.
How to Create Baroque Interiors
Baroque style values exaggeration more than simplicity, staggering details more than ordinary accessories. Let’s take a look at some of the prominent features;
- Curved accessories are preferable.
- Silver and gold colors are good to use.
- When it comes to furniture, wooden details are valuable.
- Mirrors! Mirrors with sumptuous details!
- It goes without saying but… elegant chandeliers really do create a Baroque atmosphere.
- Lacework in curtains and tablecloths are important.
- Yellow, red and emerald green are good with accessories and as ground colors.
- Sumptuous wallpapers are preferable.
- White wooden furniture can be combined with silver and gold accessories.
- Accessories with gold leaf is preferable.
- Seating groups upholstered with brightcolored fabric will come in handy.
- A high bedpost surrounded with tulle is a great detail.
- Gold candlesticks, vases, and pots are also preferable.