Loft Decoration Style Unlimited and Spacious01 December 2020
Loft decoration style is emerged in the United States in the 1960s. This style, which started with the transformation of old factories, warehouses and industrial areas into living spaces, is now frequently used in ordinary apartments.
It is preferable to remove the walls while applying this style, which started with high ceilings, large and undivided floors, to today's apartments. To create large, spacious spaces the spaces are separated from each other by using carpets, lighting techniques, house plants and furniture instead of walls. In this style, the areas outside the bathroom are not separated by the wall and so made roomy by removing the old borders.
Wooden and metal beams and exposed pipes are at the forefront in houses with loft decoration style. In kitchens, usually wood-looking cabinets and metal elements are used together. Metal and wood, geometric furniture and materials are also favorite of this decoration in other interior spaces. In this style, where built-in cabinets and open shelves are used, the emphasis is placed on plain and simple furniture.
Lighting is also very important, so large windows are used without curtains. Attractive, stylish lighting tools are used and the boundaries between living spaces are specified with these tools.
In this style, where neutral colors are generally preferred, concrete, raw plaster and brick are preferred on the walls. Concrete or wood-like materials are also preferred for the floor.
How to Apply Loft Decoration Style?
* You can use wooden-like coffee tables and tables and industrial furniture together.
* By using stone sculptures and house plants, you can define the borders between your living spaces as you wish.
* You can get more spacious living spaces by eliminating unnecessary walls.
* You can separate the kitchen from the living room by using a high wooden island bench and stools.
* You can choose brick, wood or raw plaster on the walls.
* You can emphasize the borders between your living spaces with different carpet and floor coverings.
* You can choose to use simple, functional furniture in neutral colors such as gray and brown.
* You can use it with attractive, original lighting tools.
* You can use striking, original lighting tools.