BOHEMIAN DECORATION STYLE06 October 2020
The word “bohemian” comes from “bohemien” in French, a term used to refer to Romani people of France who were believed to have come to the country from Bohemia. “Bohemian” later transformed to have different meanings tied to people in the arts and creation circles, who choose a simple way of life, without much concern about what the future might bring.
Bohemian decoration focuses on comfort. It imposes no concrete rules. Living spaces decorated in bohemian style are often packed, colorful, free and vibrant. It aims to create order in disorder.
How to Create Bohemian Style Decoration?
- Use colors and pieces that are incompatible.
- Go out thrifting for antiques and secondhand goods.
- Use furnitures close to ground
- Use different kinds of accessories together such as pieces gathered from around the world and family heirlooms.
- Make sure to use accessories that are old and have meaning.
- Use layered accessories such as stacked carpets and rugs or pillows and throws.
- Use plants.
- Metallic surfaces and mirrors are good details.
- Colorful floor cushions and patterned carpets are good accessories.
- Use contrasting colors together.
- Objects with oriental details are also good.
- Use bright and matte colors together.
- Make sure to pick furniture that are easy to carry around.
- Circular objects are preferable.